Thursday, September 8, 2011

[RP] Oakland .

"Just because you seen Oakland violence on the news , doesn't mean we are bad people. " from vincent ly

 I agree with Vincent. There are so many stereotypes about Oakland. A lot of people think Oakland’s bad because of all the shootings and violence around but it’s not Oakland, its some people who decide to do those things. Yeah it’s the people in Oakland but it’s the people not the place. Oakland is very nice in some areas. I love to go to Oakland. I feel like I fit in. compared to alameda. Even though I was just born in Oakland not raised there, I go a lot to visit. Some of my mom's family friends grew up there and now have a good career's. My mom grew up there too. 

Since she's from Oakland is she "ghetto"? No, she is just a hard working mother that grew up like everybody else. I hate when I people ask me where I was born then I tell them, Oakland. And then there like oh...what about your mom. And I’m like Oakland. Then there like OH... are your kids going to be born there too. Like what kind of question is that. I don’t know. Why would it matter?


I just think that the people who say Oakland is "bad" should see, or stay in Oakland and see how nice it really is and how in some ways it's better than other areas where people think is quiet, and a safe community when really, they just don't realize what kind of place they live in too. All they think "As long as it's not Oakland". Which is not right.



1 comment:

  1. A classic topic to go for: Oakland gets such a bad rap!

    http://j1t.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-city-is-peaceful-cont.html

    ReplyDelete